Will I be welcomed?
Yes. No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you're welcome here. We believe that all people are loved by God and all are welcome at Cathedral of Hope.
When are your Worship Services?
Our congregation comes from a wide range of denominational backgrounds, but what we share is stronger than our differences. The Sunday morning services are liturgical and slightly formal, while our Wednesday evening Praise & Worship service is informal, allowing a more enthusiastic expression of our faith.
9 & 11 a.m. - Liturgical Worship Click here to watch online
9 & 11 a.m. - Children's Church
1 p.m. - Liturgical Worship in Spanish - Servicio Litúrgico en Español
7:15 p.m. - Praise & Worship Service
(Note: This is the regular schedule for services, please check the Events page for special services and changes.)
Where is Cathedral of Hope Dallas?
Cathedral of Hope is located about a mile Northeast of Interstate 35 and Inwood Road at 5910 Cedar Springs Road in Dallas, Texas, near Love Field Airport.
Click here or call us at 800-501-HOPE for more information.
Use DART! CoH has been added to DART's Landmarks too! Go to DART's Trip Planner!
What Do I Wear?
Wear whatever makes you comfortable! There is no "dress code" at Cathedral of Hope; we have people who dress casually to business casual to coat and tie. The important thing is that you join us for church and you come as you are! However, it can be cool in the Sanctuary, so we do suggest long pants or medium length skirts and maybe a light sweater!
What do you believe?
Our beliefs are based upon our Core Values. The Core Values of Cathedral of Hope are Compassion, Inclusion, Liberation, Hope and Faith in Jesus.
- We are a people of Compassion. We are ministers who embody the tangible love of a savior who fed the hungry, healed the hurting, and told us bluntly that what we did to the least we did to him.
- We are a people of Inclusion. This is a value Jesus held. We believe Jesus came to include, not to exclude. All are welcome around God’s table.
- We are a people of Liberation. We seek to challenge all oppression, particularly the oppression of queer people. By embodying grace we live out our liberation until all are set free.
- We are a people of Hope. We are people filled with joy and unrelenting optimism because we believe God is good. With God, all things are possible. God can use us to transform the world.
- We are a people of Jesus. We believe Jesus was the incarnation of God’s grace. Jesus was the ultimate liberal, who resisted the status quo of oppression and showed us the way to the abundant life God intends for all people.
Can I schedule a wedding at Cathedral of Hope?
Yes. Cathedral of Hope performs Services of Marriage for relationships of same and mixed gender couples. All of the services that we perform have religious significance and we consider them to be marriages that are blessed by a loving and caring God. Click here for information.
Cathedral of Hope:
- The world's largest liberal Christian church with a primary outreach to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning people.
- Affiliated with the United Church of Christ denomination since 2006.
- Has 52,000 worldwide constituents, more than 4,000 members and 1,200 weekly attendees.
- www.cathedralofhope.com hosts 1,500 unique visitors per day and over 1,000 online worshippers each week.
- Gives away more than $1 million in direct aid and service each year to the local community.
- The Children & Families Ministry attracts families from across the DFW Metroplex due to their innovative and creative story telling.
- Is home to the Interfaith Peace Chapel, the last design by world-famous architect Philip Johnson.
Awards & Accolades
Dallas Voice Reader’s Award 2006 - 2012, Best Place of Worship – Cathedral of Hope
"An extraordinary worship experience" - Texas Monthly
"Worship with a capital W" - D Magazine